Wednesday 07 September 2022 ▪ 2:00 pm ▪
min read – with
To make the world free from human rights crises, this is the mission that HRF has set for itself since it was born in 1978. That is why this foundation does not hesitate to carry out surveys, resend testimonials and influence to play on political decision makers in the first country. . The Human Rights Foundation does not accept any government grants. This is to tell you that she has complete financial independence. But she would welcome donations in bitcoins to boost her cash flow. Because his philosophy fits well with the philosophy of the bitcoindo not hesitate to draw on its resources for the development of the Bitcoin network.
Yesterday, Bitcoin Magazine revealed that the Human Rights Foundation donated $325,000 to “ fund the development of bitcoin “.
Here is how this contribution will be distributed in digital assets:
- $100,000 for BTCPay Server, an open source BTC payments processor that facilitates censorship-free bitcoin payments worldwide;
- $50,000 will go to Jon Atak, this developer is constantly monitoring and improving the Bitcoin network;
- $50,000 will go to Josh Kitman, author of Fedimint, this Chaumian e-money solution for Bitcoin;
- $25,000 will go to Keith Muklai, who is in charge of Seedmarks, who hardware wallet offline compressed air and bitcoin;
- $25,000 to support NGO Leigh Cuen’s Bitcoin Donation Guidance project;
- a $25,000 tranche to allow Robosats, the open source Lightning P2P exchange, to continue its expansion;
- $25,000 will support Novaya Gazeta’s investigations into the relationship between cryptocurrencies and human rights amid Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. Say that the Bank of Russia recently decided to legalize cross-border bitcoin payments;
- $25,000 will be awarded to Initiative Vinteum, a non-profit bitcoin research and development center operating in Brazil.
A bitcoin-friendly foundation
HRF’s love affair with bitcoin started in 2014, when it started accepting donations in BTC. As her credit union became richer in bitcoins, she was quick to set up a bitcoin development fund to support developers in the network’s orbit. Moreover, the Human Rights Foundation is not lacking in activities to promote cryptocurrencies: Privacy Technology Fellowship, Open Money Initiative, etc.
As it emerged, the Human Rights Foundation has confirmed that there are no obstacles to BTC donations. Therefore, cryptocurrency donors have a choice between several alternatives such as BTC Pay Server and the Lightning network to transfer allowances.
This story of donations in bitcoins or cryptocurrency does not come from the movement of Canadian truck drivers “Freedom Convoy” or from the war in Ukraine. Much earlier, Vitalik Buterin donated millions of dollars in SHIB for Covid-19 activities in India. For the Human Rights Foundation, the stories of bitcoin donations go back a long way. And she really knew how to understand the concept to the point of rallying different donors to her cause.
Get a summary of the news in the world of cryptocurrencies by subscribing to our new servicedaily and weekly so you don’t miss any of the essential Cointribune!
The blockchain and crypto revolution is underway! And the day the effects are felt on the most fragile economy in this world, against all hope, I will say that I was involved.