Just like last year’s edition, many workshops will allow participants of Surfin’ Bitcoin 2022 to gain a better understanding of topics related to Bitcoin. To facilitate these workshops, the event will welcome 38 speakers in two rooms (Satoshi & Nakamoto), including many Bitcoin Core developers, Lightning Network developers, but also researchers, specialized in topics such as the connected environment or computer science security. StackinSat, which organizes the conference, will spend the morning of Saturday August 27 “Toward Better Bitcoin” on scientific research on the Bitcoin and Lightning Network in collaboration with the University of Pau, UPPA.
Unique interactive workshops
Surfin’ Bitcoin is proud to welcome newly appointed Bitcoin Core Maintainer Gloria Zhao, who will be reviewing Bitcoin Core Pull Requests. Antoine Poinsot will lead two workshops, on memorandum and covenants, two major Bitcoin developments that the community is eagerly awaiting, as they will enable the development of more advanced smart contracts than those currently offered. Roy Sheinfeld will discuss bringing the Lightning Network to the web, paving the way for many new uses for Bitcoin.
Most of the workshops will deal with very technical topics, related to the Bitcoin protocol and the development tools that use it. Three other topics will also be covered. The first will be about bitcoin mining, its consensus mechanism: proof of work (PoW) and its positive impact on the energy industry and the development of renewable energy. The second will be about privacy, why it’s a hot topic, what to be aware of, and what tools to use to protect yourself. The last part will be about economics and finance, the speakers will discuss the Austrian school of economics in which bitcoin is a part, taxation, wealth management and solutions to serve bitcoin in human business.
What is Towards Better Bitcoin?
StackinSat is a member of the OpenCEMS research chair. In this context, especially under the leadership of Richard Chbeir, its director, the company is organizing the conference Towards Better Bitcoin. This will take place on the morning of Saturday 27 August, with the aim of creating a link between the academic world and bitcoiners from all walks of life. To that end, research papers will be presented and discussed, regarding very specific topics related to the Lightning Network and mining pools. Elie Chicha, for example, will present an unpublished article on PTLCs, which represent an upcoming evolution of the Lightning Network, bringing more privacy, but introducing new limits. This article describes a possible approach to solving these recently introduced problems.
List of international speakers
- 1. Gloria Zhao: Bitcoin Core dev
- 2. Olga Ukolova: COO, Pandora Prime
- 3. Roy Sheinfeld: CEO, Breez
- 4. Fodé Diop: CEO, Bitcoin Developers Academy
- 5. Conor Okus: PM, Spiral
- 6. Jarol Rodriguez: Bitcoin Core developer
- 7. Nicolas Dorier: Creator, BTCPayServer
- 8. Benjamin Tyler Perrin: Creator, BTC Sessions
- 9. Jordi Herrera Joancomartí: Researcher
- 10. Stefano Secci: Researcher
- 11. Elie Chicha: Doctor in CS
- 12. Morgen Rochard: Financial planner
- 13. Jaran Mellerud: Analyst
List of French speakers
- 14. Théo Mogenet: CEO, Bitcoin Institute
- 15. David St-onge: Bitcoin educator
- 16. Nicolas Teterel: Author
- 17. Leo Maurice: Business developer
- 18. Jérôme Delaire: R&D Engineer
- 19. Andre Charles Legendre: CEO, Kalima
- 20. Anonymous Bitcoiner
- 21. Laurent Salat: Creator, OXT
- 22. Alexis Sellier: CEO, Radicle
- 23. Antoine Poinsot: CTO, Renaissance
- 24. Bastien Teinturier: VP Engineering, Acinq
- 25. Adrien Lacombe: Engineer, Ledger
- 26. Nicolas Consigny: Technology Specialist, Ledger
- 27. Rodrigo Carraresi: HO Dev. Relationships, Ledger
- 28. Pierre Morizot: CEO, Waltio
- 29. Antoine Derrien: Founder, 1357
- 30. Jean-Christophe Busnel: PM, StackinSat
- 31. Clement Desmise: Youtuber
- 32. Julien Wendling: HO R&D, StackinSat
- 33. Romain Lanusse-Crousse: Reg. Delegate, Delubac
- 34. Clara Zerbib: Lawyer, ORWL
- 35. Richard Chbeir: Mathematician & HO OpenCEMS
- 36. Mr. TK: Youtuber
- 37. Stephane Petibon: CEO, Datafarm Energy
- 38. Axel Orgogozo: CTO, QuantsUnited
About the organizer: StackinSat
StackinSat invented the concept of the Bitcoin Savings Plan (“BSP”), a service that makes it very easy to buy bitcoins at regular intervals, weekly or monthly, starting from €10. The company aims to become the benchmark platform for all bitcoin-related services in the coming years (savings, payments, etc.) and will focus its R&D strategy on products and services related to the Lightning Network, technology for the second layer that does. bitcoin more Scalable, greener and facilitates micropayments in bitcoin. StackinSat is the organizer of the Surfin’ Bitcoin conference, the largest Bitcoin conference in Europe, on August 25, 26 and 27, 2022.
Get a summary of news in the world of cryptocurrencies by subscribing to our new daily and weekly newsletter service so you don’t miss any of the essential Cointribune!
The Contribune Editorial Board
Cointribune’s editorial team unites their voices to express themselves on topics specific to cryptocurrencies, investment, the metaverse and NFTs, trying to answer your questions in the best possible way.