During these two days, many workshops will give Surfin’ Bitcoin 2022 participants the opportunity to discuss topics related to Bitcoin. 38 speakers will be divided into two rooms (Satoshi & Nakamoto). Among them, there are many Bitcoin Core and Lightning Network developers, as well as researchers specializing in the connected environment and computer security.
The conference is organized by StackinSat, which chose to dedicate the conference “Towards a Better Bitcoin” to scientific research on Bitcoin and the Lightning Network in collaboration with the University of Pau, UPPA.
Attractive workshops in perspective
Surfin’ Bitcoin will welcome many players from the crypto world. Gloria Zhao, newly appointed Bitcoin Core Curator, will review a Pull Request on Bitcoin Core. Antoine Poinsot, who will lead two workshops on miniscript and covenants, two major evolutions of Bitcoin allowing the development of smart contracts to advance. Roy Sheinfeld will talk about integrating the Lightning Network into the web, which will pave the way for many new uses for Bitcoin.
Most of the workshops will deal with highly technical topics, related to the Bitcoin protocol and the development tools that use it, but three other topics will also be covered. The first will be about bitcoin mining, its consensus mechanism: proof of work (PoW) and its positive impact on the energy industry and the development of renewable energy. The second will be about privacy, why it’s a critical issue, what to be aware of and the tools to use to protect yourself.
The last part will be about economics and finance, the speakers will discuss the Austrian school of economics in which bitcoin is a part, taxation, wealth management and solutions to serve bitcoin in human business.
“Towards a Better Bitcoin”
StackinSat is a member of the OpenCEMS research chair. In this context, especially under the leadership of Richard Chbeir, its director, the company is organizing the conference Towards Better Bitcoin. It will take place on Saturday 27 August, and aims to connect the academic world with bitcoiners from all walks of life.
Therefore, research papers will be presented on very specific topics related to the Lightning Network and mining pools. Elie Chicha will present an unpublished article on PTLC, an upcoming development of the Lightning Network. This new technology will allow more privacy, but will also introduce new limits. This paper presents a probabilistic approach to solving these emerging problems.
1. Gloria Zhao: Bitcoin Core dev
2. Olga Ukolova: COO, Pandora Prime
3. Roy Sheinfeld: CEO, Breez
4. Fodé Diop: CEO, Bitcoin Developers Academy
5. Conor Okus: PM, Spiral
6. Jarol Rodriguez: Bitcoin Core developer
7. Nicolas Dorier: Creator, BTCPayServer
8. Benjamin Tyler Perrin: Creator, BTC Sessions
9. Jordi Herrera Joancomartí: Researcher
10. Stefano Secci: Researcher
11. Elie Chicha: Doctor in CS
12. Morgen Rochard: Financial planner
13. Jaran Mellerud: Analyst
List of French speakers
14. Théo Mogenet: CEO, Bitcoin Institute
15. David St-onge: Bitcoin educator
16. Nicolas Teterel: Author
17. Leo Maurice: Business developer
18. Jérôme Delaire: R&D Engineer
19. Andre Charles Legendre: CEO, Kalima
20. Anonymous Bitcoiner
21. Laurent Salat: Creator, OXT
22. Alexis Sellier: CEO, Radicle
23. Antoine Poinsot: CTO, Renaissance
24. Bastien Teinturier: VP Engineering, Acinq
25. Adrien Lacombe: Engineer, Ledger
26. Nicolas Consigny: Technology Specialist, Ledger
27. Rodrigo Carraresi: HO Dev. Relationships, Ledger
28. Pierre Morizot: CEO, Waltio
29. Antoine Derrien: Founder, 1357
30. Jean-Christophe Busnel: PM, StackinSat 31. Clément Desdonner: Youtuber
32. Julien Wendling: HO R&D, StackinSat
33. Romain Lanusse-Crousse: Reg. Delegate, Delubac
34. Clara Zerbib: Lawyer, ORWL
35. Richard Chbeir: Mathematician & HO OpenCEMS
36. Mr. TK: Youtuber
37. Stephane Petibon: CEO, Datafarm Energy
38. Axel Orgogozo: CTO, QuantsUnited
About the organizer: StackinSat
StackinSat invented the concept of the Bitcoin Savings Plan (“BSP”), a service that makes it very easy to buy bitcoins at regular intervals, weekly or monthly, starting from €10. The company aims to become the benchmark platform for all bitcoin-related services in the coming years (savings, payments, etc.) and will focus its R&D strategy on products and services related to the Lightning Network, technology for the second layer that does. bitcoin more Scalable, greener and facilitates micropayments in bitcoin. StackinSat is the organizer of the Surfin’ Bitcoin conference, the largest Bitcoin conference in Europe, on August 25, 26 and 27, 2022.